Thursday, August 13, 2009

Is it a Crime to Vote More Than Once?

With the Rating of Texas Indy Promotions in full swing here at www.texasindywrestling.blogspot.com I was somewhat distressed when a friend who with more computer skills than I told me that he had identified one worker who has voted for his own promotion “at least eight times.” I don’t know how my friend was able to determine this, but allegedly the wrestler does not deny it.

I don’t know if it’s true. I’m not sure if I should care. While I have no problems with promotions, promoters, wrestlers and fans reposting the link www.texasindywrestling.blogspot.com on their own pages or in bulletins in an effort to get more votes for their favorite promotions, I do find it dishonest for any individual to find a way to vote excessively. That would include asking people who never even go to a wrestling show to vote.

In contrast, the ability to inspire fanatical support is part of the equation in determining a successful promotion. That is after all what the word promote entails. I strongly encourage promotions, promoters, wrestlers and fans to spread the word concerning the ratings here at www.texasindywrestling.blogspot.com – The more people who participate honestly in the ratings, the less chance that some less than honest individuals will corrupt the results.

I will be rethinking how to use the ratings and if I should publish some sort of “final results” or “Rankings”

Until that time, don’t let your favorite promotion go unrepresented.

www.texasindywrestling.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment